> Printer-friendly page
2012 Race Around Waltham Series Results
Waltham, MA, November 17, 2012
2012 Race Around Waltham Series description and rules
by Mit Gnivri
|Thank you to all the participants, volunteers, race directors and the City of Waltham
Race Around Waltham (RAW) Series
The RAW Series is the coordination of six charitable road races ranging from 5K to 5 miles, starting and finishing in Waltham, MA. Participants who run, walk or volunteer (any combination) in five of the six races will earn prizes, and those who run all six races earn a RAW Series jacket, and city bragging rights. Additionally, RAW Series volunteers will collect non-perishable food items at each event to support local shelters and food banks. The goal of the series is to promote the individual charitable efforts of each race, enhance participation through a coordinated promotional campaign focusing on local athletes and families, and foster friendly competition. The 2012 RAW Series is generously sponsored by RTN Federal Credit Union.
Benefits of participating in the RAW Series:
* Swag (example; shirt, pint glass) will be given to all runners who complete or volunteer at 5 out of 6 of the races in the series, with extra additional special awards (gender specific - RAW Series Jacket or long sleeve shirt) for anyone who completes the entire six-race series
* Several reserved VIP parking spots for RAW Series participants will be offered at each event
* Key and bag watch for RAW Series participants at each event
* Awards for top three male and female series scorers, and special team awards
RAW Series Rules: Individuals or teams of runners, walkers and volunteers of all ages and abilities are encouraged to participate in the RAW Series. There is no charge to participate in the series – only the individual race fees. For those wishing to be scored and eligible for series benefits, they need to register for the Series before the fourth race, and then pre-pay for the remaining races. To be scored, you need to run, walk or volunteer (any combination) in five of the six. And if, for example, a runner is injured, he/she can volunteer for a race instead of running, and thereby still qualify for participation prizes.
Scoring: The top overall 20 places for men and women are based on a total time for the events method. At the end of the series, the participant with the lowest overall time for completing all the events will be declared the winner. Everyone of any age is eligible to score.
2012 RAW Series Participating Races
* Shifter’s 5K to benefit theDana Farber Marathon Challenge – March 31, www.Shifter5K.com
* Moody Street 5K to benefit McDevitt/Kenned PTO, WHS Special Programs – May 6, www.moodyst5K.com
* Tailgate Trot 4 Mile to benefit the Alzheimer's Association Massachusetts and New Hampshire Chapter, American Cancer Society New England Division, Joslin Diabetes Center High Hopes Fund, and National Multiple Sclerosis Society Greater New England Chapter– June 9, http://tailgatetrot.webs.com
* JB Blastoff 5K to benefit American Brain Tumor Association – September 8, https://www.facebook.com/pages/JB-Blastoff-5K
* Race Around the Reservoir to benefit Waltham Land Trust – October 20, www.oldcolonyrunningevents.com
* Piggy’s Run to benefit Paul Logue Charitable Foundation – November 17, www.racewire.com
2012 RAW Series Directors: Tim and Kathleen Irving (RAWSeries@yahoo.com)
Like us at: Facebook.com/pages/Race-Around-Waltham-RAW-Series/357013320982366