Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage
Community
discussion forumsviewpoint
| > rules | > faq | > e-mail to a friend | moderator: CoachB

exact track measurements

Post a new topic    
> next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Author Topic:   exact track measurements
scottgw1
posted Mar-01-2006 07:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for scottgw1   Click Here to Email scottgw1     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I've started doing a workout at the high school track near my house. It is a regulation 400 meter track. 7lanes. the workout consists of me starting in lane 1 and working my way out to lane 7. I know that each lane is a little longer than the one before it but I don't know the exact distance. Can anyone shed some light on the distance of the above workout. Thanks

IP: Logged

Joerunner5000
posted Mar-04-2006 11:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Joerunner5000   Click Here to Email Joerunner5000     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I do not know the exact measurments but I can tell you how to calculate them. The only thing that changes the distance are the turns, which make a circle. Measure with a tape measure the distance from the inner lane to the outer lane and multply this number by 3.14. Add that number to 400 and you get the total distance of the lap in the outside lane. If you need any help ask someone who knows about geometry.

Coureur
Cool Runner
posted Mar-05-2006 09:34 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Coureur   Click Here to Email Coureur     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I asked this question a while back and Wile provided the answer:

This is asked at least once a year here:

http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/Forum7/HTML/002177.shtml

scottgw1
posted Mar-07-2006 04:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for scottgw1   Click Here to Email scottgw1     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
thanks for your help friends. I am new to track/speed workouts. this will help me to develop some workout ideas i've been tossing around. Long Live Zatopek!

All times are Eastern Time (US). > next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Post a new topic    
Administrative Options: > Close Topic | > Archive/Move | > Delete Topic

Hop to: