Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage
Community
discussion forumsviewpoint
| > rules | > faq | > e-mail to a friend | moderator: CoachB

best running music!!!

Topic is 7 pages:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Post a new topic    
> next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Author Topic:   best running music!!!
lillyrunner
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 03:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lillyrunner     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
what do you think are the best running songs? i'm talking about either cheesy running lyrics (eg.'ready to run'-by the dixie chicks, or 'born to run' by bruce spingstien) or ones that pump you up,(like '#1' by Nelly). i'm interested to know for our teams cc cd for next year.(ok, its a little early for this, but i'm bored) thanks

IP: Logged

swedechick
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 03:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for swedechick     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lillyrunner:
what do you think are the best running songs? i'm talking about either cheesy running lyrics (eg.'ready to run'-by the dixie chicks, or 'born to run' by bruce spingstien) or ones that pump you up,(like '#1' by Nelly).

Yeah, "ready to run " is one of my runnign songs too. "the cup of life" by ricky martin is alao a good song for any sport especially since that was the song for the world cup. Another good for female athletes is "because we want to" by a british popsinger named Billie; that one was performe dfor the woman's world cup. i aslo like Real mccoy's "another night" because the song has a relaxing melody but a bouncy techno beat so it will get you relaxed and energized at the same time. i discovered that when i played it on my portable CD player at my first high school track meet. It's been my prerace song since.

mlbfan24
posted Jan-13-2002 03:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mlbfan24     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
system of a down-science

that's the main one right now for me. but that's for running fast. wouldn't work for me on a long run lol

GimpRunner
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 05:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for GimpRunner   Click Here to Email GimpRunner     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Go the Distance from hurculese (not the one from the movie, but the one that michael bolton sings)
Boom Boom Boom- VengaBoys... gets ya in the mood
Eye of the Tiger- Survivor... a classic
Bodyrock- Moby... just helps
That one song by aqua.. it goes "i dont wanna waist my time on simple little things... bla bla bla... happy boys and happy girls we'll be"
Time of your lives- green day
Its my life- bon jovi
and, the all time classic- Hokey pokey

------------------
Pain is temporary, glory is eternal.
~Tara~
AIM SCREEN NAME: SarcasmIsMyLife2

Run4life505
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 05:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Run4life505   Click Here to Email Run4life505     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Pretty much everything on the Linkin Park CD hybrid theory, a few P.O.D. songs and stuff like that.

Run4life505
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 05:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Run4life505   Click Here to Email Run4life505     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
oh yeah, and you can't forget, the rocky theme song.

swedechick
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 05:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for swedechick     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GimpRunner:

Boom Boom Boom- VengaBoys... gets ya in the mood

you're not the only one who thinks that is a good running song. I heard that one at a road race last summer.i really like that song. I used to make fun of it because of the lyrics but it's a cool song.

distancerunner56
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 05:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for distancerunner56   Click Here to Email distancerunner56     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Jimmy Eat World

mlbfan24
posted Jan-13-2002 05:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mlbfan24     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i forgot an AWESOME one...
P.O.D.'s "boom" is a sweet song

icas
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 05:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for icas   Click Here to Email icas     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by distancerunner56:
Jimmy Eat World

yeah JEW is awesome, especially the Static Prevails cd when it comes to getting ready...

also Braid -"A Dozen Roses," System Of A Down - "Toxicity," Sunna - "I'm Not Trading," anything by Pulley, Yellowcard, Dashboard Confessional, Apppleseed Cast, Finger Eleven, Sunset Black("Empty Promises" and "What I Do" are awesome"), No Use For A Name, Face To Face, Thursday, Hoobastank, At The Drive In, Summercamp, Idlewild... there's more but that's a few...

icas
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 06:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for icas   Click Here to Email icas     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I forgot Beethoven, Cat Stevens, Limp Bizkit's version of Faith... Emerson, Lake and Palmer(one band name)... Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young (another one band, now known as Crosby, Stills and Nash).... Yes... Led Zep... Elton John... Jeff Buckley... Pete Yorn... Hum.... Kansas

swedechick
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 06:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for swedechick     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Beethoven? His music helps me relax and fall asleep rather than energize me. Interesting that it doesn't have that affect on other people. i listen to classical when i am too excited and/or energize to sleep;it's very lulling.

[This message has been edited by swedechick (edited 01-13-2002).]

Chemistry runner
posted Jan-13-2002 06:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Chemistry runner     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
When i get in this grove and my pace is just pumping along, just about any Rob Zombie song keeps it pumping. I'm not really the type to like his music (my brother listens to it all the time!!), but the beet just keeps my pumping pace when i'm cruising. Also a lot of rap songs have the beat that can keep a good pace going!

------------------
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
-George Bernard Shaw
The ol' Distance_Runner
now
Chemistry runner

swedechick
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 06:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for swedechick     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chemistry runner:
a lot of rap songs have the beat that can keep a good pace going!

yeah, Nelly's music sure gets me going.

the so called sidekick
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 07:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for the so called sidekick   Click Here to Email the so called sidekick     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

i am not saying this is a good running song.. but at all of our big meets this year, they always had the rocky song played on big speakers during the beginning and end of each rac

swedechick
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 07:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for swedechick     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the so called sidekick:

i am not saying this is a good running song.. but at all of our big meets this year, they always had the rocky song played on big speakers during the beginning and end of each rac

lucky for you they actually paly music at your meets. they don't at mine. It would sure be fun if there were music at my meets.

mhscc
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 07:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mhscc     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The Chariots of Fire theme song.
Download it off lycos.com

GimpRunner
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 08:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for GimpRunner   Click Here to Email GimpRunner     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
yeah, we start every video off with chariots of fire...
how about some songs from rocky horror eh?

------------------
Pain is temporary, glory is eternal.
~Tara~
AIM SCREEN NAME: SarcasmIsMyLife2

icas
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 11:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for icas   Click Here to Email icas     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swedechick:
Beethoven? His music helps me relax and fall asleep rather than energize me. Interesting that it doesn't have that affect on other people. i listen to classical when i am too excited and/or energize to sleep;it's very lulling.

[This message has been edited by swedechick (edited 01-13-2002).]

mmm i fall asleep to hard rock bands

if you've ever read Once A Runner... he talks about having Fur Elise stuck in his head... i always have that happen... such a great song to run too

mlbfan24
posted Jan-13-2002 11:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mlbfan24     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by icas:

if you've ever read Once A Runner... he talks about having Fur Elise stuck in his head... i always have that happen... such a great song to run too

hahaha, i used to be able to play that on the piano. i probably can't now though lol

cougarcanyon runner
Cool Runner
posted Jan-13-2002 11:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for cougarcanyon runner     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Old Rolling stones tune- Street fighting man
Cheers

swedechick
Cool Runner
posted Jan-14-2002 12:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for swedechick     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by icas:

Fur Elise is a pretty cool piece. I could fall asleep to hard music too;any kind i could.

runnergal
Cool Runner
posted Jan-14-2002 07:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for runnergal   Click Here to Email runnergal     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I Would Walk 5000 Miles- Proclaimers
Eye of The Tiger- Survivor
These are The Days- Natalie Merchant
Man! I Feel Like a Woman- Shania Twain
We are The Champions- Queen
Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen
Respect- Aretha Franklin
Ready to Run- Dixie Chicks
Shakira (her old Spanish stuff not the new song)
Weezer

Tvillerunner
posted Jan-14-2002 09:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tvillerunner   Click Here to Email Tvillerunner     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Any Metallica or Crazy Town songs will pump you up.

swedechick
Cool Runner
posted Jan-14-2002 10:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for swedechick     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tvillerunner:
Any Metallica or Crazy Town songs will pump you up.

I listened to Crazy Town's "butterfly" song before an xc meet once. It's on a CD a friend had just burned for me a couple of days before the meet.

All times are Eastern Time (US). > next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Topic is 7 pages:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Post a new topic    
Administrative Options: > Close Topic | > Archive/Move | > Delete Topic

Hop to: