Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage

Cool Running homepage
Community
discussion forumsviewpoint
| > rules | > faq | > e-mail to a friend | moderator: kevinm, hup, sole man

Adidas Adistar vs. Supernova

Post a new topic    
> next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Adidas Adistar vs. Supernova
nrm0403
posted Nov-08-2007 03:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for nrm0403     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm currently wearing the Adidas Adistar Control 4 and I've been very pleased with it. Although I'm considering moving to the Adistar Cushion or Supernova Cushion as my pronation is mild and I think the Adistar Control may a little too stiff. Anyone had any experience with the Supernova cushion or the Adistar Cushion? What do you prefer?

IP: Logged

Bud Thurman
posted Nov-08-2007 08:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bud Thurman     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I was looking for a replacement for my Wave Creations and choose Adistar Cushion and love them. I choose them over the supernova due to my size. 215 pounds (down 15 since Sept. ) However I have a freind who runs in the Supernova and loves them, so I think you cannot go wrong either way.

PS. If there is a Adidas outlet near you look there. They have great prices on each.

nrm0403
posted Nov-09-2007 08:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for nrm0403     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
That's the reason I tried Adidas in the first place, because of the outlet store. I wore Asics for years and for me there is just not enough forefoot cushioning. People told me the Adidas wan't the way to go but almost 300 miles later I have been very impressed.

ribblette
posted Nov-09-2007 09:23 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ribblette     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have run in the adistar cushion for 3 years now (not the same pair obviously). And, I love them. I am not that heavy, 120 lbs, but before switching to the cushion I would get bruised sesamoids. I love the maximum cushion in these shoes and they are comforable for many many miles.

I also wear my running shoes big, in normal shoes I am a 7, my running shoes are an 8.

I usually buy last year's model on sale online, and pay $70 to $80.

hope that helps!

spankee
Cool Runner
posted Nov-13-2007 09:00 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for spankee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
You mentioned two cushion and one control shoe so not sure what type of shoe you need. That said, the Supernova control has less control than the Adistar so if you have a basically neutral gait but need a little bit of control (perhaps a flat arch), the Supernova control is probable better than the Adistar which might be trying to do too much. I've run in both, and after a gait analysis, dropped back to the Supernova. It is also a less expensive shoe which is also nice.

Good luck.

potok2010
Cool Runner
posted Nov-13-2007 09:39 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for potok2010   Click Here to Email potok2010     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i am running in Adistar Control 4. My first reason was actually to match my adistar shirt and short tights. Great shoes but now at 10k distances i am starting to get blisters, so i am not too keen of them. For overpronator, they have great light shoes called Rotterdam, currently i think Rotterdam IV is latest model. Zappos have them with the description of "for underpronator, but that is not correct" so if you want to try those, i would suggest rather then adistar.

------------------
http://www.MyBoston2010.com

All times are Eastern Time (US). > next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Post a new topic    
Administrative Options: > Close Topic | > Archive/Move | > Delete Topic

Hop to: