Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage
Community
discussion forumsviewpoint
| > rules | > faq | > e-mail to a friend | moderator: gallowayproductions, Fleet Feet Mahwah, Sherri1062, luv2runTampa

Jeff Galloway - A Commercial Forum

Topic is 10 pages:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Post a new topic    
> next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Jeff Galloway - A Commercial Forum
kevinm
Administrator
posted Aug-01-2005 12:40 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for kevinm     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This is a commercial forum moderated by the staff from Jeff Galloway productions.

The intent of this forum is to discuss and answer questions on aspects of Jeff's training program philosophy, books and other products, including e-coaching, schools and retreats.

Jeff's injury-free training principles have been used successfully by hundreds of thousands of runners of all abilities, including beginners.

His training schedules have inspired the second wave of marathoners who follow the Galloway run-walk, low-mileage, 3-day-a-week recommendations to an over 98% success rate!

See: http://www.jeffgalloway.com for details

Jeff Galloway productions offer:
Running Schools
e-coaching
Training Groups
Running Books

We invite you to post forum entries related to these topics and will do our best to provide appropriate replies.

Cool Running note:
This forum has been setup as a special arrangement to allow Jeff Galloway Productions to respond to runner's questions with generic as well as commercial responses related to JG products and services. However this does not mean other commercial type posts can be entered here or anywhere else in the CR bulletin boards.

[This message has been edited by kevinm (edited Aug-01-2005).]

[This message has been edited by kevinm (edited Aug-02-2005).]

[This message has been edited by kevinm (edited Aug-02-2005).]

IP: Logged

aurang
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 09:03 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for aurang     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
It's August 1, not April 1.

TRADERDC
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 09:59 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for TRADERDC     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Do you really think people are going to want to discuss Jeff Galloway products? You are turning this board into an ugly commercial experience that will only turn people off. The least you could do is be subtle about it. Yeesh.

And truth be told, the run walk thing is annoying. These people walk around telling everyone they have "run" a marathon, when in fact they haven't. Marathons aren't meant to be mainstream, they are supposed to be an impressive achievement that takes years to accomplish. Gallowalking has reduced the marathon to an 18 week adventure, instead of a life challenge.

I'm not a fan of this whole turn of events.

dg12
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 11:06 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for dg12   Click Here to Email dg12     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TRADERDC:

These people walk around telling everyone they have "run" a marathon, when in fact they haven't.

So these people should not say anything? Hmmmm.
Maybe they should check in with the marathon commisioner, is that you? Wow, before anyone is allowed to whisper that they "finished" a marathon they need to say it accordint a PC protocal according to a clown named TRADERDC?

As a former Marine who swore to defend and support the US Constitution, I take severe offense to people who would stifel or suggest they be muzzled in their "Freedom of Speech".

But then you might be from a tyrannical country, either way, to suggest that folks might not "speak" the unspeakable is offensive.

Marathons aren't meant to be mainstream,

So I guess you're above the mainstream? You're not on no pedestal. And if you were you'd be an easy target for people like me. If you're an elite runner then go and put together your own marathon with your qualifications. That way you would'ne be surrounded by the simpletons you call mainstream.

Get a life! Twerp!

Notey
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 11:10 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Notey   Click Here to Email Notey     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Let the name calling begin!!!

Flab Gordon
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 11:12 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Flab Gordon   Click Here to Email Flab Gordon     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Question:
Where can I get a Jeff Galloway watch?
It runs for 3 minutes, then it stops, then it runs for 3 minutes, then it stops........

Runbald
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 11:16 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Runbald     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This is off to a great start!

How much fun could we have with a commercial forum sponsored by Atkins low carb products?

------------------
"Everything you're sure is right can be wrong in another place."

Stuff About Me!

robp
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 11:59 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for robp   Click Here to Email robp     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flab Gordon:
Question:
Where can I get a Jeff Galloway watch?
It runs for 3 minutes, then it stops, then it runs for 3 minutes, then it stops........

Snork!

Dancinghomer
posted Aug-01-2005 12:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dancinghomer   Click Here to Email Dancinghomer     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dg12:
So these people should not say anything? Hmmmm.
Maybe they should check in with the marathon commisioner, is that you? Wow, before anyone is allowed to whisper that they "finished" a marathon they need to say it accordint a PC protocal according to a clown named TRADERDC?

As a former Marine who swore to defend and support the US Constitution, I take severe offense to people who would stifel or suggest they be muzzled in their "Freedom of Speech".

But then you might be from a tyrannical country, either way, to suggest that folks might not "speak" the unspeakable is offensive.

Marathons aren't meant to be mainstream,

So I guess you're above the mainstream? You're not on no pedestal. And if you were you'd be an easy target for people like me. If you're an elite runner then go and put together your own marathon with your qualifications. That way you would'ne be surrounded by the simpletons you call mainstream.

Get a life! Twerp!

These people should not be saying that they ran a marathon. Because they didn't run one, they gallo-walked one. If they said they finished one, there'd be no problem...but saying they ran a marathon when they clearly didn't is a problem.

I just love all you former marines who think you're a bunch of hardasses. "I fought to defend freedom of speech, blah blah blah." When was the last time that some foreign country invaded the United States threatening our freedom of speech? Oh that's right...there hasn't been one. You probably fought as a political pawn. You didn't do anything to better our country, you just went to some foreign land because our President said he wanted a military presence there to protect the United States from a 3rd world country that wasn't a threat to us at all.

Back on Track
unregistered
posted Aug-01-2005 12:23 PM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Anyone who has ever walked during a marathon for any reason is a gallowwalker!

Notey
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 12:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Notey   Click Here to Email Notey     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Back on Track:

I walked a little during a marathon when I bonked. I'm not a Gallowalker.

Please, if you're going to troll, do it right.

arc918
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 01:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for arc918   Click Here to Email arc918     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

If I stop to use a port-a-potty, but I run in place while I take a leak and then run right back in to the race would I be a gallowalker?

macman
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 01:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for macman   Click Here to Email macman     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Galloway was a pretty darn good receiver with the Seahawks in his prime.

macman

Dancinghomer
posted Aug-01-2005 01:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dancinghomer   Click Here to Email Dancinghomer     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by macman:
Galloway was a pretty darn good receiver with the Seahawks in his prime.

macman

Yabut he kinda went downhill after joining the Cowboys.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1286

aurang
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 01:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for aurang     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Here's hoping that this awful attempt to shill ends up turning into a collection of nasty debates and CR is forced to either methodically and repeatedly delete all such posts or have these circular, vicious posts remain on what is clearly a paid forum.

Who Dey
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 01:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Who Dey     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by arc918:
If I stop to use a port-a-potty, but I run in place while I take a leak and then run right back in to the race would I be a gallowalker?

Technically, I think the only way you could avoid being a gallowalker in such a circumstance is if you had "the runs" while in the port-a-potty.

(My first post!)

redredred
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 01:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for redredred     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Nit pick ... the name of the administrator, 'gallowayproductions', is so long that it has caused the table columns on the main "Discussion Forums" page to resize, taking space away from the column that has the forum description, making that page even longer than it already is, which is too long in the first place.

Dancinghomer
posted Aug-01-2005 02:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dancinghomer   Click Here to Email Dancinghomer     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe2000:
Dancinghomer,
And dg12 STILL risks his life and defends this country in spite of people like you....Get over it, your guy lost.

Trader didn't lose anything. As far as I'm concerned, there wasn't even a fight.

dg12 sounded ignorant in his post, he clearly doesn't have reading comprehension skills. Trader had no problem with people saying they finished a marathon, only those who say they ran it despite walking close to 4 or 5 miles of it.

I have problems with people like dg12 who act like they are above everyone because they were in the military. He didn't fight anybody who was threatening to take away from our constitutional rights, so why make it seem that way?

Recently, the "wars" we've been involved in have been fighting groups who were not threatening our constitution. The closest it's come has been with the war on terror, which I support.

Congratulations, you're in the military. I was in ROTC for a semester, I hated every minute of it...not just because it was an excess stress on me because I have an anxiety disorder; but because most of the people in it were so far to the right that they were blindly following Bush. They had no objectivity.

Flab Gordon
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 02:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Flab Gordon   Click Here to Email Flab Gordon     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Where can I get an autographed picture of Jeff Galloway?

srlopez
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 02:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for srlopez     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Not only a bad trolling attempt, but this writing style is sneakily like she-who-shall-not-be-named.

Anyway, I walked a little yesterday in the SFO marathon. I was doubled over in pain from stomach cramps. I was not then and have never been a Gallowalker. BUT... as far as I'm concerned, as long as someone doesn't come to a dead stop right in front of me while I'm running, I couldn't care less if she/he walks, runwalks, or moonwalks to the finish line.

[This message has been edited by srlopez (edited Aug-01-2005).]

Dancinghomer
posted Aug-01-2005 03:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dancinghomer   Click Here to Email Dancinghomer     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by srlopez:
I couldn't care less if she/he walks, runwalkers, or moonwalks to the finish line.

How fast would Michael Jackson finish a marathon?

Who Dey
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 03:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Who Dey     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
If the goal of "racing" is to cross the finish line in as short a time as possible, then using walking breaks can be an effective strategy for those who have a relatively light training base.

While I'm not sure about all of Galloway's claims, the use of walking breaks definitely has its place ... and remember Galloway is not the only "expert" to recommend walking breaks ... although his claims might get him all the attention.

brethelm
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 03:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for brethelm   Click Here to Email brethelm     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dancinghomer:
How fast would Michael Jackson finish a marathon?

It probably depends on the number of young boys at the finish line.

Miss Nomer
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 03:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miss Nomer     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe2000:
It is BECAUSE we have a strong military that countries DON'T invade the US....thus preserving your freedoms.
The solution is not to sit on OUR beaches waiting to be attacked..

Sir, I don't know in what sense you use the term "invade", but it seems to me that you had your head either buried in the sand or up your arse on September 11th, 2001. As for preserving our freedoms, it seems we have fewer of them since that day.

greenie227
Cool Runner
posted Aug-01-2005 03:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for greenie227     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Who Dey:
Technically, I think the only way you could avoid being a gallowalker in such a circumstance is if you had "the runs" while in the port-a-potty.

(My first post!)

And a great first post it is!

Side note: Why slam a marine for the administration's issues? The marine was still out there, risking his life. It's not his fault, his decision or his choice if he's out there for a stupid president's reasons. Risking a life is risking a life.

Another side note: This sounds like the debate over running vs. jogging. Why do you care so much? Do what you do, call it what you want and get out of other people's business . If I ran 20 miles and walked 6, I would sure as heck call it "running" a marathon, and if you have a problem with it, c'mon over and knock me down. Otherwise, be secure and confident in your abilities and accomplishments, recognize that people view issues and actions and achievements differently, and get out middle school....

[This message has been edited by greenie227 (edited Aug-01-2005).]

All times are Eastern Time (US). > next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Topic is 10 pages:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Post a new topic    
Administrative Options: > Close Topic | > Archive/Move | > Delete Topic

Hop to: