Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage
Community
discussion forumsviewpoint
| > rules | > faq | > e-mail to a friend | moderator: Novia

Asics Kinsei for Underpronators?

Post a new topic    
> next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Asics Kinsei for Underpronators?
divina7
posted May-15-2006 05:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for divina7   Click Here to Email divina7     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi all. I am new to this forum.
I ordered the Gel Kinsei from RRS last week. Got them today and tried on...they are scaring me because I have a VERY high arch and there does not seem to be as much support/grip as with the Nimbus I usually run with.

I am a club member with Road Runner Sports so I can actually go for a run with these and return later...but I am not sure about whether this is a good idea. Should I stik with the nimbus or are these shoes good for underpronators? I am a true very high arch.

Thanks so much all!

Julie

IP: Logged

Roll
posted May-17-2006 03:03 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Roll   Click Here to Email Roll     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
You may as well run in the shoe if you can return it. As far as being an underpronater, you will most likely be ok in the Kinsei. It is supposed to be a stability shoe, but it isnt really that stable at all. I am a slight pronater and it doesnt do much for it. So a nuetral/underpronater would be fine in the Kinsei. As far as the arch is concered, try an insert if you like arch support. Relying on the shoe for arch support doesnt really do much for your arch. An insert does a much better job of supporting the arch.

Jeri from Houston
Cool Runner
posted May-17-2006 10:17 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jeri from Houston     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by divina7:
Hi all. I am new to this forum.
I ordered the Gel Kinsei from RRS last week. Got them today and tried on...they are scaring me because I have a VERY high arch and there does not seem to be as much support/grip as with the Nimbus I usually run with.

I am a club member with Road Runner Sports so I can actually go for a run with these and return later...but I am not sure about whether this is a good idea. Should I stik with the nimbus or are these shoes good for underpronators? I am a true very high arch.

Thanks so much all!

Julie

The Kinsei is a very good shoe for Under to Mild to Moderate Over Pronators. I wear tested the shoe and found it to be one of the best shoes from a technical and performance view.

------------------
My Profile

Jeri from Houston

All times are Eastern Time (US). > next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Post a new topic    
Administrative Options: > Close Topic | > Archive/Move | > Delete Topic

Hop to: