Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage

Cool Running homepage
Community
discussion forumsviewpoint
| > rules | > faq | > e-mail to a friend | moderator: Novia

Funny/favorite sayings writen in t-shirts.

Topic is 10 pages:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Post a new topic    
> next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Funny/favorite sayings writen in t-shirts.
stinkydroolface
unregistered
posted Apr-24-2005 05:23 PM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
What are some of your favorite/funniest things you have seen people write on the back/front of singlets/t-shirts at a race?

IP: Logged

joescool
Cool Runner
posted Apr-25-2005 08:30 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for joescool   Click Here to Email joescool     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Seen at HS CC meet:

Want More Playing Time? Run Slower!!

lioness1
Cool Runner
posted Apr-25-2005 11:05 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for lioness1   Click Here to Email lioness1     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have a t-shirt my bf gave me that says "Sorry, I've got to run."

One saying I like, "My sport is your sport's punishment."

georgiasnail
unregistered
posted Apr-25-2005 11:08 AM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
"And on the seventh day, God did an easy three."

runn1csu
Cool Runner
posted Apr-25-2005 11:09 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for runn1csu     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
"Kick Assphalt"

HSunshine
Cool Runner
posted Apr-25-2005 11:45 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for HSunshine   Click Here to Email HSunshine     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I've posted this before ... but supposedly there was a running t-shirt made that said:

Cheaper than therapy

Man, I want that one. Can't find it though, online or otherwise. Well, I did find one that said: "Beer ... it's cheaper than therapy". True, but not quite what I'm looking for

jjchaney
Cool Runner
posted Apr-25-2005 11:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for jjchaney   Click Here to Email jjchaney     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
"Don't Pass Me....I'm not in your Age Group"

mklovato
Cool Runner
posted Apr-25-2005 12:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mklovato   Click Here to Email mklovato     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
If I collapse call XXX-XXXX

joescool
Cool Runner
posted Apr-25-2005 03:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for joescool   Click Here to Email joescool     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by georgiasnail:
"And on the seventh day, God did an easy three."

LOL! I love this one!

duncanofduncan
Cool Runner
posted Apr-26-2005 12:40 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for duncanofduncan   Click Here to Email duncanofduncan     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
"Jesus is coming...look busy"

abbotke1
unregistered
posted Apr-26-2005 01:07 AM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I like this one.

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Harbor/2992/Jokes/bombtech.html

http://interwovendesign.com/kick/userdisplay.php3?username=abbotke1

[This message has been edited by abbotke1 (edited Apr-26-2005).]

[This message has been edited by abbotke1 (edited Apr-26-2005).]

stinkydroolface
unregistered
posted Apr-26-2005 09:09 AM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
these are great ideas. Keep'em coming.

Some i've seen

Blood Type : X

Do resusitate!

bhearn
Cool Runner
posted Apr-26-2005 09:23 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for bhearn     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jjchaney:
"Don't Pass Me....I'm not in your Age Group"

Saw that one at Boston. I passed him.

Also at Boston, across the bikini bottom of a woman I passed and re-passed, due to repeatedly walking off cramps towards the end: "TEAM NICE ASS". She got lots of comments.

Bienzi
Cool Runner
posted Apr-26-2005 09:30 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bienzi     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
"JETER SUCKS
A-ROD"..

(HEHEHEHEHE)

[This message has been edited by Bienzi (edited Apr-26-2005).]

kwmcpa5
unregistered
posted May-02-2005 03:01 PM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I always liked this one, although kind of cocky, but funny!

"If you want to come in second...follow me!"

I was not one wearing this shirt, but I did see it at a XC meet.

steffiefay
unregistered
posted May-02-2005 10:19 PM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
this has nothing to do with running....my husband's shirt from college has......I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having....

mrbill
Cool Runner
posted May-02-2005 11:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mrbill   Click Here to Email mrbill     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Too funny!
I've got the "Sorry, I've Got To Run" shirt......

You can get one here: ne More Mile

mrbill

[This message has been edited by mrbill (edited May-02-2005).]

sheepla
Cool Runner
posted May-03-2005 09:11 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for sheepla   Click Here to Email sheepla     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I did the Cooper River Bridge Run a couple of years ago and a woman running near me had written "I want to run with the Kenyans" on the front of her shirt and "Where'd they go?" on the back. I still laugh about it to this day.

morefoolyou
Cool Runner
posted May-03-2005 09:23 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for morefoolyou   Click Here to Email morefoolyou     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
mount washington road race

ONLY ONE HILL

griffiths
Cool Runner
posted May-06-2005 11:00 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for griffiths   Click Here to Email griffiths     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Very harsh but VERY funny!

This one comes up quite a bit.

How true

I saw this one but with a different design.

This one reminds me of something! I didn't steal it off them so...

Adam

------------------
Run to Live,
Live to Run

My Profile
My Log

[This message has been edited by griffiths (edited May-06-2005).]

[This message has been edited by griffiths (edited May-06-2005).]

Coastwalker
Cool Runner
posted May-06-2005 04:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Coastwalker     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Not running related, but gets a grin:

Practice safe lunch...
Use a condiment

espi335
Cool Runner
posted May-07-2005 01:51 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for espi335   Click Here to Email espi335     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stinkydroolface:
What are some of your favorite/funniest things you have seen people write on the back/front of singlets/t-shirts at a race?

"It's all relative in West Virginia."

PenguinSarge
Cool Runner
posted May-07-2005 04:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for PenguinSarge     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
"Cross Country the REAL sport the others just play with their balls"

ljwoodw
Cool Runner
posted May-07-2005 09:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ljwoodw     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
"Cross-country runners do it longer."

...on the t-shirt we had printed when we made it to the State Meet for the first time in 11 years. We gave one to Coach, too.

------------------
My Profile

Dave26point2
Cool Runner
posted May-09-2005 03:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave26point2     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I had a homemade race singlet for Boston that said:

"Kenyan Junior Varsity" with a winged track shoe on it.

You can make any of these suggestions at home with some clip art, a color printer, iron on sheets from a craft store, and an iron.

------------------
Imagine your pain is a white ball of healing light. -Tyler Durden

All times are Eastern Time (US). > next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Topic is 10 pages:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Post a new topic    
Administrative Options: > Close Topic | > Archive/Move | > Delete Topic

Hop to: