Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage

Cool Running homepage
Community
discussion forumsviewpoint
| > rules | > faq | > e-mail to a friend | moderator: Novia

Funny/favorite sayings writen in t-shirts.

Topic is 10 pages:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Post a new topic    
> next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Funny/favorite sayings writen in t-shirts.
mrbill
Cool Runner
posted Jun-03-2005 07:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mrbill   Click Here to Email mrbill     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TrailRunner88:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by runn1csu:
[b]"Kick Assphalt"

THis one is hilarious

Trailrunner88

[/B][/QUOTE]

Again, this one can be purchased here:
ne More Mile

mrbill

IP: Logged

Sylvienicole
unregistered
posted Jun-03-2005 10:20 PM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This is a little crude, but I laughed. In Germany there is a saying "Andere Lšndern, Andere Zitten," which means "Different countries, different customs." (Kinda the equivalent of "When in Rome...") But this woman was wearing a shirt that said "Andere Lšndern, Andere Titten," which is "Different countries, different tits."

I like it.

Tavita
Cool Runner
posted Jun-04-2005 10:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tavita     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Cross-country girls like it long and hard.

Tavita
Cool Runner
posted Jun-05-2005 12:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tavita     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This morning...

"How's my running?
Call 1-800-eat-dust"

jeblevins
posted Jun-05-2005 02:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for jeblevins     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Tavita, you didn't happen to see that shirt at the Harris Jacobs 8k in Atlanta, did you? I saw that just this morning as well!

------------------
'Pain' is just weakness leaving the body

milkbaby
Cool Runner
posted Jun-05-2005 02:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for milkbaby   Click Here to Email milkbaby     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My favorite that I've actually seen in person is:

Marathoning is a state of mind.

I'd probably get that on the front and put, "It's called insanity," on the back...

I'm tempted to get the bumper sticker oldie put on a shirt, "I may be slow, but I'm still ahead of you," but that's not too sporting!

gooddogs
Cool Runner
posted Jun-05-2005 10:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for gooddogs     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Not a running shirt, but good.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Tavita
Cool Runner
posted Jun-06-2005 05:50 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tavita     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeblevins:
Tavita, you didn't happen to see that shirt at the Harris Jacobs 8k in Atlanta, did you? I saw that just this morning as well!

Yeah, exactly! You were there, too?

jennychow
Cool Runner
posted Jun-06-2005 09:07 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for jennychow     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This isn't about running, and it was on a mug, but...

Too bad ignorance isn't painful

aleers
Cool Runner
posted Jun-06-2005 03:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for aleers     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Any idiot can run
It takes a special kind of idiot to run a marathon.

SLOjim
Cool Runner
posted Jun-06-2005 04:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SLOjim   Click Here to Email SLOjim     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aleers:
Any idiot can run
It takes a special kind of idiot to run a marathon.

That's a great one!!

My favorite non-running one is....

"Too many clowns
not enough circuses"

jeblevins
posted Jun-06-2005 09:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for jeblevins     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I was laughing about the 'Eat Dust' shirt while I was waiting in line for a massage in the gym after the race. I posted a little synapsis in 'Run and Race Reports'. Also saw a Green Eggs and Ham shirt

krarf
Cool Runner
posted Jun-06-2005 11:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for krarf   Click Here to Email krarf     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Not running related...

Front: "Jesus saves..."

Back: "Gretzky gets the rebound! He shoots! He Scoooooores!!!!

------------------
Get going. Get up and walk if you have to, but finish the damned race.
--- Ron Hill to Jerome Drayton during the 1970 Boston Marathon

[This message has been edited by krarf (edited Jun-06-2005).]

dschuster
unregistered
posted Jun-06-2005 11:25 PM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
" If we don't beat you in race we will beat you in the parking lot. "

Kind of crude...but what the hey.

dragonsrouges
Cool Runner
posted Jun-06-2005 11:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for dragonsrouges   Click Here to Email dragonsrouges     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
"Expect No Mercy"

------------------
running to... uh run faster.my profile

filetmerlot
Cool Runner
posted Jun-07-2005 01:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for filetmerlot     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My favorite shirt is one that I wear running. There is a cartoon drawing of a chicken in bed smoking a cigarette, and the egg is right next to him with her arms crossed and sulking. The caption reads "I guess we know who came first"

4thirtyAM
posted Jun-07-2005 04:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for 4thirtyAM     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I saw this one over the weekend:

"Support Search & Rescue...GET LOST!"

I really like:

"If you can read this, you were just passed by a fat guy". Except mine would have to read "...fat girl"

and

"My sport is your sport's punishment"

Harriet UK
unregistered
posted Jun-09-2005 01:28 PM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
One of my college friends gave me a tee shirt, today.
A little bit gross, but it said

"I've got the runs"

BK49
Cool Runner
posted Jun-09-2005 09:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BK49   Click Here to Email BK49     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
"If this were any easier, it would be called FOOTBALL!"

geez
Cool Runner
posted Jun-10-2005 10:43 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for geez   Click Here to Email geez     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
"Walking in not an option"

Grizzly
Cool Runner
posted Jun-10-2005 12:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Grizzly     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm with the bomb squad
If I'm running
Try and keep up

ClydesdaleRunner
Cool Runner
posted Jun-13-2005 02:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ClydesdaleRunner     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Saw a great one the other day,

"INSTANT AZZHOLE, JUST ADD ALCOHOL!

I loved that one.

neenee9562
Cool Runner
posted Jun-14-2005 01:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for neenee9562     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
"Do I look like I need supervision???"

I was rolling over when I saw this! My hubby didn't see the humor of it tho.....(dum ole boy! ha!)

ytao
Cool Runner
posted Jun-15-2005 11:46 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ytao   Click Here to Email ytao     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
hey griffiths, where are those shirts from? they are hilarious...i think i want all of them!

jakeene
Cool Runner
posted Jun-24-2005 11:55 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for jakeene     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Got to say, there are some great one's on here, here are some of my favs: (I REALLY like this one: "If it was easier it would be called football")

Borrowed and modified from a Lance Armstrong commercial..

People ask me what I'm on. I'm on the track.

other good ones...
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
Somedays you're the dog, and some day's you're the hydrant.
Rehab is for quitters

This may sound weird, but Chipotle has some really funny T-shirts too.

All times are Eastern Time (US). > next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Topic is 10 pages:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Post a new topic    
Administrative Options: > Close Topic | > Archive/Move | > Delete Topic

Hop to: