Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage

Cool Running homepage
Community
discussion forumsviewpoint
> search | > rules | > faq | > e-mail to a friend | moderator: prefontaine, scorch99

Need help, motivational sayings, quotes, etc.

Post a new topic    
> next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Need help, motivational sayings, quotes, etc.
runner808
Cool Runner
posted Dec-04-2005 12:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for runner808   Click Here to Email runner808     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hey guys! I started up my own fitness group here in Hawaii...

www.teammovehi.com (cheap plug I know)

And I'm looking for a few motivational, fitness related quotes, and lines; for t-shirts to promote my business. I know I can count on you guys to come up with some original stuff! I need some ideas. Thanks in advance!!!

------------------
" I will give you a show,like you have never,ever seen before,why?..because i can."

hbk

IP: Logged

runxc09
Cool Runner
posted Dec-04-2005 08:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for runxc09     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I really like Twigger's quote : "I do today what you won't so I can do tomorrow what you can't."

Twigger, hope you don't mind me posting this.. but that quote helped me so much in training during xc this year, especially on runs in 80 degree weather up a hill I clocked at almost a half mile long!

Twigger
Cool Runner
posted Dec-04-2005 11:15 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Twigger     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by runxc09:
I really like Twigger's quote : "I do today what you won't so I can do tomorrow what you can't."

Twigger, hope you don't mind me posting this.. but that quote helped me so much in training during xc this year, especially on runs in 80 degree weather up a hill I clocked at almost a half mile long!

No prob!
Im soooo glad that it helped you! I feel honored that somebody actually read it and used it ! Its my favorite quote of all time an I think it summarizes running perfectly and helps you get out for your runs even when you dont want to! When i moved this year all my girls wanted to get a shirt made up so now its on my CC shirt!

Other good quotes let me see....
"Running is my lover." -Toshihiko Seko
"Dead tired. Dog tired. Sore as hell..." -Laura Mykytok
"Fear is a great motivator"- John Treacy
"If you want to win a race yu have to go a little beserk."Bill Rodgers
"Don't quit dammit!" -Marty Liquori
"Run like hell and get the agony over with."-Clarence DeMar
"Apart we are Invisible, together we are Invincable!--back of freshman XC shirt

yeah.... so im a quote runner lol

------------------
I do today what you won't, so I can do tomorrow what you can't.

MyProfile

Professor
Cool Runner
posted Dec-05-2005 02:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Professor     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
there are sooooo many of them out there if you google it. ive seen page-long lists on this site. my personal favorite is probably my signature quote thing...

also:
"Pain is temporary, pride is forever."
"Running is a mental sport, and we're all insane."
"One team, one passion, no limits!"
"We beat with one heart."

and the one about the lion and the gazelle in africa...forget exactly how it goes...

------------------
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

runner808
Cool Runner
posted Dec-08-2005 03:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for runner808   Click Here to Email runner808     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thanks guys, some awesome quotes there

------------------
" I will give you a show,like you have never,ever seen before,why?..because i can."

hbk

unenlightend
Cool Runner
posted Dec-08-2005 06:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for unenlightend     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
An excess of just 100 Calories a day equals about 10 lbs weight gain per year.

I do it because I can.

The fitness center is better than the hospital bed.

Friends, fun, heavy things, what else could a guy want?

drunner06
posted Dec-28-2005 04:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for drunner06   Click Here to Email drunner06     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
hey twigger im a quote runner too....

-- Pain is the doorway unto which glory is acheived --

i was just sitting here the other day and that poped into my head so i wrote it down, i really like it but im not totally sure who said that... if anyones heard it let me know

mountainlake
Cool Runner
posted Dec-28-2005 04:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mountainlake     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Here's my all-time favorite:

Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit!

evildave
posted Jan-03-2006 01:15 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for evildave     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This helps me get out and run every time. I have a sign next to the door that reads, "Tie Your Shoes." I know that this is all I have to do to start my run. Simple and to the point.

R4P
posted Jan-03-2006 02:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for R4P     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Twigger:

"Apart we are Invisible, together we are Invincable!--back of freshman XC shirt

I thought about this one for about 10 minutes, and then I saw that the first word was invisible, not invincible and that you probably made a typo in "invincable". I was getting frustrated that I could find that word in a dictionary. (English is a foreign language to me, you see)

SmoochyPoo
Cool Runner
posted Jan-03-2006 11:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SmoochyPoo   Click Here to Email SmoochyPoo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by evildave:
This helps me get out and run every time. I have a sign next to the door that reads, "Tie Your Shoes." I know that this is all I have to do to start my run. Simple and to the point.

That's good, I might have to try that...

Haert2run
posted Jan-08-2006 09:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Haert2run     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
my friends call me a puppet because I quote so much. but, whenever they need a pick me up they say, "Aimee, I need a quote on..." and I'll give it to them.

"pain is inevitable...suffering is optional"

I like that one because I can and suffer a lot, but then I see that hanging on my food cupboard (that's where I am most of the day...eating. haha) and I stop whining.

All times are Eastern Time (US). > next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Post a new topic    
Administrative Options: > Close Topic | > Archive/Move | > Delete Topic

Hop to: