Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage Click for more info
Community
discussion forumsviewpoint
> search | > rules | > faq | > e-mail to a friend | moderator: prefontaine, scorch99

what is a good 1 mile time for a 5th grader?

Topic is 2 pages:
1 2
Post a new topic    
> next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Author Topic:   what is a good 1 mile time for a 5th grader?
Coreen342
posted May-12-2005 04:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Coreen342     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
what is a good 1 mile time for a 5th grader? my time is bettween 7min 40seconds and 7 min 20 seconds.

IP: Logged

allstate15
posted May-12-2005 04:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for allstate15   Click Here to Email allstate15     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thats pretty good. When I was a 6th grader my time was around yours. Right now im at 4:49 and a sophmore in highschool. Keep it up and by the time your my age you might be running 4:30 for the mile

Cora5K
Cool Runner
posted May-12-2005 04:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Cora5K   Click Here to Email Cora5K     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
That is a good time. Especially if you're female.

funnerrunner1600
Cool Runner
posted May-13-2005 03:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for funnerrunner1600     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Sounds like a great mile time for a 5th grader. Keep it up!

Professor
Cool Runner
posted May-14-2005 07:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Professor     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
when i was in 5th grade my mile time was...let's see...10 something? now im in 11th grade and its about 5:30. especially if you don't train that much, that's a really good time for someone your age.

------------------
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

CrazySlowDistanceMan
Cool Runner
posted May-17-2005 12:34 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for CrazySlowDistanceMan   Click Here to Email CrazySlowDistanceMan     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
dude, im a sophomore in highschool, and my mile time is like, 7:40! i feel really slow now, keep up the good work man! but dont over do it

tom

ljwoodw
Cool Runner
posted May-17-2005 01:10 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ljwoodw   Click Here to Email ljwoodw     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'd venture to say it doesn't really matter what your mile time is in 5th grade...you will grow and change so much. I dropped two minutes between 5th and 6th grade on zero training. That's just the way our bodies are.

------------------
My Profile

Trackster500
posted May-19-2005 06:53 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Trackster500   Click Here to Email Trackster500     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My sister is in 5th grade and runs around the low side of a 8 minute mile. She has one of the top mile times of the county! So if you have a 7 minute mile, you're doing really well for 5th grade.

mep5555
Cool Runner
posted May-19-2005 06:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mep5555   Click Here to Email mep5555     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My 4th grade daughter's fastest mile is 7:20 (but probably could be a few seconds faster). No other 9-year old Oklahoma female ran a faster 5K than her last year (24:21), and no 10-year old OK female has run faster than her 24:27 so far this year. There are several girls 1-2 years older than her who can beat her though. There is one other 10-year old from down in the southern part of the state (in a town with lots of GREAT young female runners (12-13) who may eventually run a faster 5K than my daughter this year...she's already beaten her at the 3K distance late last year.

funnerrunner1600
Cool Runner
posted May-20-2005 07:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for funnerrunner1600     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I don't remember my fifth grade mile time, but my 6th grade PR in gym class was 10:49, then 7th grade gym class was 7:58, with absolutely no training. Now my mile PR is 6:31 but I think it could be better if I hadn't been injured for the past year.

RunnerGurlie
posted May-21-2005 07:13 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for RunnerGurlie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
hey thats really good my sister in 4th grade can run that too, im in 8th grade and i run about a 6:02 minute mile, i want to know if thats good for a girl?

XCRunner11
Cool Runner
posted May-24-2005 06:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for XCRunner11     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
in 6th grade i ran a 7:20, right around where you are. Now I'm a sophomore (female) training for the first time and my PR's a 6:10. Your time sounds good, if you train you can definitly go far with it.

CLcoolrun
Cool Runner
posted May-30-2005 06:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for CLcoolrun   Click Here to Email CLcoolrun     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I ran 8 somethin. But I was short, small, and goofed around for the whole mile.
I had a friend who ran somewhere around 6 minutes. 6:10 or less. But he was tall, fast, and goofed around the whole time as well.
That was............dude that was 7 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!
I just graduated from high school and I'm still goofing around.
CL

my I'm old, 7 years!!

captainwildcat
Cool Runner
posted May-31-2005 12:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for captainwildcat   Click Here to Email captainwildcat     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm coaching a couple of boys one (5th grade one 6th grade) who just ran 5:32 1500m this weekend - translates to a mile in 5:54. and I have a 6th grade girl who ran a 5:54 1500 (6:21 mile) and a 4th grade girl who ran a 6:12 1500m (6:40 mile)

miler1991
posted Jun-11-2005 08:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for miler1991     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
good time for a 5th grader especially if it was run by a girl

miler1991
posted Jun-11-2005 08:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for miler1991     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
runnergurlie, yes that is a very good time for an 8th grade girl it would beat the best time a girl in my meets had (6:28) by 26 seconds.

supercaulking
posted Jun-13-2005 04:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for supercaulking     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I am in 6th grade and I did a 4:01 mile. All you have to do is to train hard every day, slowly increase your milage.

captainwildcat
Cool Runner
posted Jun-14-2005 12:02 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for captainwildcat   Click Here to Email captainwildcat     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
supercaulking there is no way you ran a 4:01 mile as a 6th grader, either you are a liar or it was a typo.

supercaulking
posted Jun-14-2005 06:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for supercaulking     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
captainwildcat --- I would really like to screw your little ass You are so perceptive.

captainwildcat
Cool Runner
posted Jun-15-2005 12:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for captainwildcat   Click Here to Email captainwildcat     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
super - you didn't have to get nasty, I was just trying to surmise if you were a liar or simply made a mistake, since you didn't post what you actually did in your response I can only assume you are a nasty little liar

supercaulking
posted Jun-15-2005 12:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for supercaulking     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
captain, I will find out where you live

the silencer
Cool Runner
posted Jun-15-2005 08:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for the silencer     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by supercaulking:
captain, I will find out where you live

did i NOT tell you to SHUT YOUR MOUTH RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! If you dont shut it then THE SILENCER will gladly do it for you......in much quicker time that it takes you to do your business with that DILDO!

------------------
"communication arises out of silence"

~THE SILENCER HAS SPOKEN~

kfmantis
posted Jun-17-2005 08:55 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for kfmantis     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
ljwood made a good point, when your in fifth grade, it is hard to gauge your skills, because you could still grow alot, and change your style.

ivo
Cool Runner
posted Jun-17-2005 09:02 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ivo   Click Here to Email ivo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
my 2nd grade daughter recently ran 7:45 - i did think this is kinda fast for a 2nd grader, but there was another girl with 7:48 or so from her class. I heard there was a boy in 5th or 8th grade (not sure) who ran 5:47

mep5555
Cool Runner
posted Jun-17-2005 02:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mep5555   Click Here to Email mep5555     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
An 8-year old boy from my daughter's running club ran a 5:27 1500 meters last weekend at the state AAU meet. An 8-year old girl from her club also ran a 5:45 1500 meters at the same meet. They both would have finished very high in age groups much older than them.

All times are Eastern Time (US). > next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Topic is 2 pages:
1 2
Post a new topic    
Administrative Options: > Close Topic | > Archive/Move | > Delete Topic

Hop to: