Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage

Cool Running homepage
Community
discussion forumsviewpoint
| > rules | > faq | > e-mail to a friend | moderator: scorch99

Double Trouble

Post a new topic    
> next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Double Trouble
Apple
Cool Runner
posted May-23-2007 08:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Apple     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
New Thread !! ..

How the shoes holding up Loopy? Haven't run any trails, however have been keeping up with the miles and my program for the HWH. My plan is on Sunday's when I do my long run I will do them on the trails and get the technical in. Not sure how it will work doing hills and technical on long run days, but I'll adjust the schedule if it turns out to be too much.

I found some dirt bike trails in Green Lane Park that I think will work well.

My husband made plans to go to Atlantic City the weekend of 6/22. We are suppose to be back by Saturday night, so I can make the race, but I will have try not to party too much since the DT is that Sunday.

IP: Logged

srlopez
Cool Runner
posted May-23-2007 11:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for srlopez     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

merigayle
Cool Runner
posted May-24-2007 06:40 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for merigayle   Click Here to Email merigayle     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I may do this race, have not decided yet.

Any one know the poison ivy factor?

loopy
Cool Runner
posted May-24-2007 08:21 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for loopy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Apple thanks for starting a new thread -- things were getting confusing with the half-wit half thread morphing into a double trouble thread.

Here's the double trouble application for those looking for more info...

The trail shoes are great -- I have not run on the roads at all since I got them to avoid the need for my road shoes. I have been doing the trails every weekday and grass cross country course on the weekends for my long runs. As long as you take it easy, I don't see any problem with combining your long runs with hills and trails.

Merigayle, I ran it last year and had no trouble with poison ivy. Actually, I don't know if you remember, but you helped me out in this regard by suggesting TECNU poison ivy block. Either it worked, or there was no poison ivy out there (don't remember seeing any, but I was a little distracted by the mud, rocks, etc). I am very allergic, so I should serve as a good canary in the coal mine

merigayle
Cool Runner
posted May-24-2007 12:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for merigayle   Click Here to Email merigayle     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thanks Loopy! I almost ran it last year, but after a call to the park, they were not helpful about the PI factor i decided against it. I *may* go. I have a trail race the next weekend, so depending on how i feel after this weekend's race (50 miler), i will decide. I would like to run all the races everywhere, but not really feesable!
Tencu, definitely!!!!

Apple
Cool Runner
posted May-24-2007 09:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Apple     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I use technu for yard work around the home, but didn't think about it for the race.... Good idea

[This message has been edited by Apple (edited May-24-2007).]

dorf
posted May-24-2007 11:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for dorf   Click Here to Email dorf     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I so want to do this....if all goes well next week, I will register before the deadline.

As for the running part, I feel physically ready almost, but I need a few more long runs soon to get in the right shape for 15 or 30k.

------------------
My User Profile

Apple
Cool Runner
posted May-28-2007 04:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Apple     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Did a trail run Sunday and felt good. Found a hilly trail with lots of debri... (Ron would even like it).

Did 5.15 m, but my time was slow because of course. 1:00:43.

Next Sunday I will try it again for longer distance.

loopy
Cool Runner
posted May-28-2007 09:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for loopy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Dorf and Merigayle, I hope you both can make it for the race.

Apple, I'm glad you found some good trails for your weekend run. Sounds like they should prepare you well for the DT!

I had a very nice, but very urban 20-mile long run on Saturday in Boston. I did get to run along the Charles for most of it though and there was a grass/dirt path paralleling much of the paved bike path.

Was an odd trip: Drove about 8 hours Friday to get to Boston and 6 hours on Saturday to get back! Did my run Saturday morning while my friend was at a conference, and then joined him and others from the conference for a business lunch. I had about 10 minutes between the run and lunch, so had a tough time keeping lunch down and not passing out while trying to appear professional (the heat during the run really did me in).

loopy
Cool Runner
posted Jun-01-2007 10:35 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for loopy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi all. I just wanted to cross reference another Double Trouble thread in the Ultra/Trail forum. Robhamm posted a great course map!

All times are Eastern Time (US). > next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Post a new topic    
Administrative Options: > Close Topic | > Archive/Move | > Delete Topic

Hop to: