Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage

Cool Running homepage
Community
discussion forumsviewpoint
| > rules | > faq | > e-mail to a friend | moderator: hally, hup

Pie in the sky RR

Topic is 2 pages:
1 2
Post a new topic    
> next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Pie in the sky RR
runrgrl1
Cool Runner
posted Aug-18-2007 04:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for runrgrl1   Click Here to Email runrgrl1     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'll just write a quicky RR here~ I ran a 5k called Mitchell's Run in Rockford, MI this morning, about 1300 runners. This is just one of those quaint little towns that has it goin' on, always lots of festivities and people milling about. There's a dam right in the middle of town that seems to really attract the visitors, so there's always something going on.
Reading over the flyer a couple weeks ago I noticed the women's masters course record was 19:18 and I thought that was doable, also that record was set by my nearest competitor, the one who's managed to beat me in most of the races this year ! My attainable goal was to beat that record and my 'pie in the sky' was to come in under 19 on a certified course! Well, as luck would have it, I did both!
Wearing my lucky pink Insport clothes and my Brooks T5 racers I came in with a time of 18:51, which put me first in masters and 3rd woman overall.
So, I'm a happy camper and hoping for some pie to land on my plate, too!

------------------
"It's never too late to be what you might have been."

[This message has been edited by runrgrl1 (edited Aug-20-2007).]

IP: Logged

ksrunr
Cool Runner
posted Aug-18-2007 04:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ksrunr   Click Here to Email ksrunr     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Excellent race and time runrgrl1. Cherry pie and vanilla ice cream!

ksrunr

runrgrl1
Cool Runner
posted Aug-18-2007 04:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for runrgrl1   Click Here to Email runrgrl1     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Oh yeah, cherry pie! I was thinking apple, but that really doesn't sound that good just yet. Cherry pie...........yum

------------------
"It's never too late to be what you might have been."

SkipAZ
Cool Runner
posted Aug-18-2007 04:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SkipAZ     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Awesome race Laura! Isn't that a masters PR for you also? Congrats on the new record. No cherry pie available at the moment. Will strawberry do?

Skip

euphoric
Cool Runner
posted Aug-18-2007 04:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for euphoric     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Congratulations! Eat cherry and apple pie. Make sure you wash that lucky suit by hand and air dry. The best is yet to come.

piejones
Cool Runner
posted Aug-18-2007 07:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for piejones   Click Here to Email piejones     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
What a tease.

timlooney
Cool Runner
posted Aug-18-2007 11:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for timlooney   Click Here to Email timlooney     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Are you talking about Laurie Decker?

:bowdown:

Nice job runrgrl1!!!

Jim24315
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 12:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jim24315   Click Here to Email Jim24315     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Well done runrgrl,

This should remove all doubts. I remember that last sub-19 when you were worried that course might have been off. Some field for a "quaint little town" with 1300 runners on hand. Way to smash that course record!

divechief
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 12:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for divechief   Click Here to Email divechief     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
WOW You are FAST! Congrats on smashing all your goals. sub 19, CR and PR? Awsome!!!

arf 1
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 01:44 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for arf 1     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Wowza!!! Absolutely incredible time...you go girl! I hope your husband was there to see it and celebrate with you!

arf

smpankowski
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 08:34 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for smpankowski   Click Here to Email smpankowski     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Runrgrl1, That's amazing!!!!!!!! mmmmmm Pie.

------------------
Never regret anything that made you smile, SteveP

My User Profile

rochrunner
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 11:51 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rochrunner   Click Here to Email rochrunner     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Greta job, runrgrl! And an RR is hardly a "quicky" when you're talking about a first place, a PR, and a course record, all at once.

I hope that we're at the same race someday, as I'd enjoy seeing you run (on the other hand, how could I see you run if I'm that far behind?).

------------------
- Runnin' in Rochester

Rochrunner

tomwhite
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 12:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tomwhite     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
.........WOW..........amazing running.......

.............great job........

runrgrl1
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 12:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for runrgrl1   Click Here to Email runrgrl1     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
How'd you guess?!

quote:
Originally posted by timlooney:
Are you talking about Laurie Decker?

:bowdown:

Nice job runrgrl1!!!

[This message has been edited by runrgrl1 (edited Aug-19-2007).]

hermosaboy
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 12:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for hermosaboy   Click Here to Email hermosaboy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by runrgrl1:
My attainable goal was to beat that record and my 'pie in the sky' was to come in under 19 on a certified course! Well, as luck would have it, I did both!
Wearing my lucky pink Insport clothes and my Brooks T5 racers I came in with a time of 18:51, which put me first in masters and 4th woman overall.
So, I'm a happy camper and hoping for some pie to land on my plate, too!

A happy camper indeed -- congratulations on a great race!!!

MarkGuy
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 12:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MarkGuy   Click Here to Email MarkGuy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Greta job runrgrl! A course record is quite an accomplishment.

timlooney
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 01:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for timlooney   Click Here to Email timlooney     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
How'd you guess?!

That is so impressive. I'll still never forget the day you beat my friend Maureen. I was so impressed then and you have continued to get better. I hope some day I get a chance to meet you.

MarkGuy
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 01:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MarkGuy   Click Here to Email MarkGuy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by timlooney:
I hope some day I get a chance to meet you.

runrgrl1 was talking about coming to the CRIM....

timlooney
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 01:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for timlooney   Click Here to Email timlooney     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkGuy:
runrgrl1 was talking about coming to the CRIM....

tempting. I could run the Crim but I am sure it would be my worst 10 mile race ever.

SkipAZ
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 05:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SkipAZ     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
BTW - I note your WAVA AG score for the race was an astounding 84.3, the highest AG score for the entire field. And your hubby had a great race too! Awesome. Congrats again.

Skip

JJJessee
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 06:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JJJessee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Wowie you are one fast runrgrl!! Congratulations.

Skip-- stawberries are fine, and I hate to complain, but we're gonna need some whipped cream
jjj

FlyingFinn
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 06:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for FlyingFinn     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
WAVA AG score?? Please explain?

It means you are national class, I believe!
Astounding, runrgrl!! You are incredibly fast. Congrats.

mbelongia
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 07:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mbelongia     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Fabulous race runrgirl! You are mighty fast...or mighty and fast. Either way, enjoy your pie - you earned it.

Marie

Sans Souci
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 09:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Sans Souci     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Was it the adrenalin surge from the dog the other day?

Phoof, are you fast, runrgrl! National class? Wow.

(Skip, please tell me a gal doesn't have to run an 18:51 5k to get one of those scrumptious beauties.)

millbot
Cool Runner
posted Aug-19-2007 10:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for millbot   Click Here to Email millbot     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Wow, great racing, runrgrl1! Congratulations on the PR and course record. Yes, you definitely earned some pie.

All times are Eastern Time (US). > next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Topic is 2 pages:
1 2
Post a new topic    
Administrative Options: > Close Topic | > Archive/Move | > Delete Topic

Hop to: