Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage

Cool Running homepage
Community
discussion forumsviewpoint
| > rules | > faq | > e-mail to a friend | moderator: NoRacer

Pulled Foot Muscle

Post a new topic    
> next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Pulled Foot Muscle
fatozzig
Cool Runner
posted Jun-06-2007 06:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for fatozzig   Click Here to Email fatozzig     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I am assuming it's a pulled muscle in my foot 'cause that's what it feels like, and I am assuming I did it at some point running trails on Saturday. However, I didn't "do" anything that would make me say, "Oh! I think I pulled a muscle."

It's the right foot, sort of at the base of the ball of the foot forward to below the big toe. And it definitely gets worse throughout the day with use, and last night, in the middle of the night, I honestly thought I was going to have to use crutches today it hurt so #$%@ bad. Do you think wrapping it would help support the injury throughout the day? Obviously, when I get home I will do ice and anti-inflammatories. Am still wondering if I should use the crutches to stay off of it during the day.

I am the only secretary in legal office and am up and down all day long.

I'm training for a 20km trail run at the end of July. The racing gods haven't been on my side yet, 'cause everytime I have race in the future, something happens.

------------------
Leslie
Running Behind the Redwood Curtain

It's a mad mission but I got the ambition. It's a mad, mad mission, sign me up.
SeeMyProfile!

IP: Logged

evanflein
Cool Runner
posted Jun-06-2007 07:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for evanflein     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Sounds perhaps like Sesamoiditis ?

------------------
evanflein

fatozzig
Cool Runner
posted Jun-07-2007 12:19 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for fatozzig   Click Here to Email fatozzig     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
That sounds exactly like what I have! And it frigging hurts! I'm icing it even as I'm writing this and OW!!! I have prescription anti- inflammatories left over from a back injury a few months ago that I started taking today. Hopefully, they'll help. After sleeping and being off it all night, it's not too bad in the morning, but by the end of the day, it is killing me. I keep wondering if I should use crutches for a couple of days to give it time to heal.

I made the mistake of wearing heels to work twice this week, which undoubtedly made it worse.

I can't believe this, or wait, yes I can. As I originally posted, I'm getting ready for a race and, as with the last two races, something's happened to set back my progress. This sucks!

------------------
Leslie
Running Behind the Redwood Curtain

It's a mad mission but I got the ambition. It's a mad, mad mission, sign me up.
SeeMyProfile!

All times are Eastern Time (US). > next newest topic | > next oldest topic
Post a new topic    
Administrative Options: > Close Topic | > Archive/Move | > Delete Topic

Hop to: