Why has Cool Running moved to a new calendar?
As with other systems on the web, there comes a point in time when a new version or system is necessary to meet the needs of its users and owners. Given the volume of events on our calendar, it is important for us to have a reliable system that can support your needs. We also want to be able to deliver you the features you want in the future as new technologies become available.
Our previous Event Calendar was no longer able to meet the demands of our ever growing audience, and as such, we had to switch to a new calendar.
Moving to this new calendar will address our concerns, add new features for event directors and runners, and will lead to the faster development of future enhancements.
What improvements does the new calendar offer to runners?
New features for those searching for upcoming events include:
- - Additional Views, which lets you search for events on a Map, by Day, or by Month. List view is also still an option.
- - You can now filter events by Day or Time (For example, view only events occurring on Saturdays and/or in the Evening)
- - Proximity search allows you to find all events within __ miles of a zip code
- - Individual event detail pages provide you more info on each event
- - Google Maps provide more accurate directions and interactive maps
- - Responsive Design means an improved appearance on your tablet or mobile device
- - Export events to Google Calendar or iCal
How can I search for events with this new system?
For a complete description of the search features and how to use them, please review our User Guide.
We realize that any change is difficult and want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we make this transition. Please don’t hesitate to send us your feedback or any ideas you’d like us to consider for a future release.
- The Cool Running Team
How can I share feedback or an idea?
Is there something you’d like changed or added? Please your comments or ideas (provide specifics!). Our team will periodically review the most popular ideas for possible inclusion in a future release.
How can I report a bug?
If you come across an error, please let us know by a description of the problem and which browser and operating system you are using.