Why has Cool Running moved to a new calendar?
As with other systems on the web, there comes a point in time when a new version or system is necessary to meet the needs of its users and owners. Given the volume of events on our calendar, it is important for us to have a reliable system that can support your needs. We also want to be able to deliver you the features you want in the future as new technologies become available.
Our previous Event Calendar was no longer able to meet the demands of our ever growing audience, and as such, we had to switch to a new calendar.
Moving to this new calendar will address our concerns, add new features for event directors and runners, and will lead to the faster development of future enhancements.
What improvements does the new calendar offer to race directors?
The new calendar features many improvements, including:
- – The Submit an Event form is now 1 page and eliminates unnecessary fields.
- – Every event has its own Event Details page
- – Event Descriptions no longer have character limits. You can also style the text (font, size, color).
- – Recurring events can now be configured on a daily/weekly/monthly/custom basis
What improvements does the new calendar offer to runners?
New features for those searching for upcoming events include:
- – Additional Views, which lets you search for events on a Map, by Day, or by Month. List view is also still an option.
- – You can now filter events by Day or Time (For example, view only events occurring on Saturdays and/or in the Evening)
- – Proximity search allows you to find all events within __ miles of a zip code
- – Individual event detail pages provide you more info on each event
- – Google Maps provide more accurate directions and interactive maps
- – Responsive Design means an improved appearance on your tablet or mobile device
- – Export events to Google Calendar or iCal
I had an account in the old calendar. Why do I need to create a new account?
In the old calendar, you could create multiple accounts per email address. Many users had two or more accounts, which often led to confusion over which account they had used to submit an event.
Our new calendar allows one account per email address, which resolves that issue and means you’ll only need to remember one username moving forward.Register for a new account now.
How can I change my password?
To change your password while you are logged in, visit your profile and click “Edit Profile” to change your password. If you are not already logged in, you can click here to enter your username or email address. A link to create a new password will then be sent to your email.
What happened to the events I already submitted?
All upcoming events that were previously submitted were moved to the new system and can be found on the new calendar.
How can I submit a new event?
To submit your event to our calendar, go to the Submit an Event page. You’ll need to create a new account prior to logging in for the first time.
How can I edit an event I’ve already submitted?
Go to your event list and click “Edit” under the event listing that you want to update or edit.
We realize that any change is difficult and want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we make this transition. Please don’t hesitate to send us your feedback or any ideas you’d like us to consider for a future release.
– The Cool Running Team
Still can’t find your answer?
Go to our Customer Feedback page and select “Contact support” to send us a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Have an idea for how we can improve the Event Calendar?
Please Submit your idea! Our team will periodically review the most popular ideas for possible inclusion in a future release.
How can I report a bug?
If you come across an error, please let us know by going to our Customer Feedback page and selecting “Contact support” to submit a bug report. Please include as many details as possible with your message.