Race Directors: Promote Your Event
Expose your event to millions of users each month with a listing on ACTIVE.com and Coolrunning.com.
Get more participants, manage your event and build participant loyalty!
Post your event's race results to our results section.
View all of our event advertising opportunities.
Pay-Per-Click Ads on ACTIVE.com
Children’s Hospital Boston’s Miles for Miracles Running Program
Join the Miles for Miracles Team and your life-changing marathon goal can be a reality. And life-saving help can change the lives of kids.
Posted Monday, 14 November, 2005
Fifteen Major Races Across the USA
Accomplish your fitness goal and make an enormous difference in the lives of countless children. Participate in Children’s Hospital Boston’s national marathon program.
Operating a national running program seems fitting for a hospital that treats children from across the country—and around the globe. The Boston MarathonÒ has been the proving ground for this program the past 10 years. Last April, 141 Boston Marathoners running on behalf of the hospital collected $980,000 for Children’s. That money strengthens an institution that families worldwide rely on for care not found anywhere else.
Why Children’s Hospital Boston
In addition to patient care, Children’s is known for its research, community outreach and graduate medical education programs. Children’s innovates—identifying problems and developing sound programs to address the complex health needs of children. One example is our Optimal Weight for Life (OWL) program, created by internationally renowned researcher David Ludwig. Childhood obesity is a growing epidemic with toxic outcomes—diabetes, heart conditions, and more. With help from Children’s, kids can combat obesity and lead healthier lives. Money raised through Children’s national marathon program benefits the OWL program. Consider celebrating your own health—while helping to provide a healthier future for kids—by running for Children’s.
Haven’t participated in a fundraiser? It’s easy when you know the dollars you raise supports outstanding medical care and valuable research for kids. Everyone will want to support your efforts. Through Children’s website, you can develop your own personal fundraising page and get your family, friends and co-workers involved. You will be amazed at how simple it is—and how rewarding.
This is your goal, your challenge, and your choice. Through Children’s partnership with DMSE Foundation, founded by Boston Marathon® race director and avid runner Dave McGillivray, Children’s has secured numbers for 15 major marathons. Choose a date that’s ideal for your travel and fitness schedule. Children’s Hospital Boston will provide airfare, three nights lodging, and a pre-race pasta dinner to all team members. Anyone can join by meeting the minimum fund raising requirement for each race. Here is the list, a wide variety of races, dates, and locations to choose from. You can travel to any of these marathons by raising between $2,500 and $3,500, depending on the location:
- LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon, October 9, 2005.
- Marine Corps Marathon, Washington, D.C., October 30, 2005.
- ING New York City Marathon, November 6, 2005.
- Marathon of the Palm Beaches, Palm Beach, Florida, December 4, 2005.
- Walt Disney World Marathon, Orlando, Florida, January 8, 2006.
- P.F. Chang’s Rock‘n’Roll Arizona Marathon, Phoenix, January 15, 2006.
- Mardi Gras Marathon, New Orleans, Louisiana, February 5, 2006.
- Freescale Austin Marathon, Austin, Texas, February 19, 2006.
- City of Los Angeles Marathon, March 19, 2006.
- Spirit of St. Louis Marathon, St. Louis, Missouri, April 9, 2006.
- BAA Boston Marathon, Boston, Massachusetts, April 17, 2006.
- Country Music Marathon, Nashville, Tennessee, April 29, 2006.
- Big Sur Marathon, Carmel, California, April 30, 2006.
- Cellcom Green Bay Marathon, Green Bay, Wisconsin, May 21, 2006.
- Coca Cola Zero Rock’n’Roll Marathon, San Diego, California, June 4, 2006.
Join the Team, Choose Children’s Hospital Boston
There is nothing quite like finishing a marathon, and joining this team can make it doubly rewarding. You’ll join an important mission, while at the same time enjoying a fantastic holiday of distance running and exploration.
Make this a milestone of physical and mental endurance, and a milestone in personal achievement. Make your life-changing event a life-saving event, and a double triumph of the human spirit. For more information, and to register for the Miles for Miracles Team please click here.