Find this page online at www.coolrunning.com/results/05/ma/Dec29_DAV200_set1.shtml
D.A.V. (Disabled American Veterans Club)
Broadway off Ball Square
Somerville, Massachusetts 02145
Hosted by the "New" Somerville Striders Athletic Club
John Barry was able to stroll into the "Ville" tonight for an easy run with his soon to be SSAC bride Michelle McAndrew-the winningest women in Somerville Road Racing history and just take it easy after a grueling fall X-Country season as coach of the MIAA Division I State Cross Country Champions - Brockton High School X-Country Team better known as "Da Boxahs" in muddy cross country circles are the country and Stillman's Gym in the ole Navy Yard section of Brooklyn !!
John predicted back in January 2005 to me at a bar in Hyannis, Massachusetts that this was the year and it was...so big congrats to JB who by all accounts has had a great year and 2006 will only be better!!
I know that tonight was a race in Somerville but I am gonna babble on a wee bit more about Brockton...cause I think it matters...and if I think somethin' matters..I, well rabble & babble on..thats the charm of "The Big Fella"!!
I met another coach of "Da Boxah's" at a wedding in Connecticut back in 2003 or 2004..who can remember such things and he told me the team was good and was on the way up but the coaches needed some bread (for new peeps to Somerville..that means $$$$)..so they could get the kid's some nice jackets and other sorts of swag to keep em' goin' and pumped--City of Brockton budget cuts killed em'!! So I said, "would the kid's come up to toney Boston by the Charles, to volunteer at the New Charles River Run, and if so I'll drop a grand in the bucket"...well they did and since then they have volunteered at many more events for the Somerville Striders A.C. and more coin has been dropped in "Da Boxah's" bucket as well as Mizuno jumping in to help-Thanks Ryan, the Colonial Road Runners pitchin' in as well as the Brockton Rox AND maybe you after you read this American Success Story....and I do an mean an American Success Story as "Da Boxah's" as they like to be called has a biggah mix of nationalities on the team than anything Ellis Island ever had!!!
Anyway, big time on the town tonight--our biggest crowd of runners and hangers on...some call em' groupies and this was nice as I think the SSAC is startin' to settle back in to its fall, winter & spring digs at the Disabled American Veterans Club ...so come on down and settle in with us in 2006!!
Happy New Year from the Somerville Striders A.C. & "Da Big Fella"
D.A.V. Somerville 5.15Km every Thursday night in "The Ville"
1. Michelle McAndrew Somerville, MA 26:08 SSAC
2. Sue Leo-Johnson Worcester, MA 28:10 CHPR
3. Tricia Mitchell Somerville, MA 29:02 SSAC
4. Susan Boches Somerville, MA 29:03 SSAC
5. Elena Jacubiak Arlington, MA 30:48 SSAC
6. Tess Shipley Seneca Falls, NY 30:49 SSAC
7. Rebekah Coble Somerville, MA 30:50 SSAC
8. Kathleen Kieran Ann Arbor, MI 38:42
1. Cameron Manning Somerville, MA 19:24 SSAC
2. Matt Corcoran Weymouth, MA 20:32 SSAC
3. Todd Hutchinson Arlington, MA 20:42 SSAC
4. Pat Moore Cambridge, MA 20:53
5. Tod Rasmussen Somerville, MA 20:57
6. Traves Thompson Worcester, MA 21:07 NTC
7. Neil Cullen Cambridge, MA 22:29 SSAC
8. Jeremy Selwyn Cambridge, MA 23:34 SSAC
9. Tony LaRosa Wilmington, MA 24:11 SSAC
10. Larry Davey Somerville, MA 24:33 SDT
11. Jerry Shine Somerville, MA 25:42 SDT
12. John Barry Easton, MA 26:09 BHSXC
13. Charlie LaRosa Revere, MA 27:44 SSAC
14. Chris O'Leary Quincy, MA 28:11
15. Big Sammy Voolich Somerville, MA 29:48 SSAC
16. Dave Morse Cambridge, MA 30:11 USACFRF
17. Greg "Phat Ernie" Ernst Weymouth, MA 38:19 CCAC
1. Beverly Zaluk Somerville, MA 32:26 SSAC
CCAC = Cape Cod Athletic Club
BHS = Brocton High School X-Country
SDT = Somerville Diving Team
CHPR = Castle Hill Park Runner
SSAC = Somerville Striders Athletic Club
NTC = Nordica Track Club
USACFRF = USA Clydesdale & Filly Racing Federation