Find this page online at www.coolrunning.com/results/03/ma/Aug16_DeerIs_set1.shtml
Thanks to Art Gray, and the passing fisherman who took the photo with Roy Kratman's Camera
Margaret Bradley in sunglasses, John Blouin behind her, Art Gray with the bottle
New Course Record at Deer Island!
John Blouin of the Greater Boston Track Club zoomed out to a 5:07 in deliberate pursuit of Eric D. Greenís year-old course record. Green, son of Jimmy Green of Swampscott and the Boston Athletic Association who finished 3rd in the 1960 Boston Marathon, set his record of 14:30 on an equally hot, humid day on the precisely measured 2.65 mile island perimeter course.
Since the perimeter course is very close to a tenth of a marathon the weekly races can be run in any multiples of that distance. Five laps equals slightly more than an half marathon, or 13.25 miles instead of 13.1. Margaret Bradley ran the entire five laps in 1:29:53 after running the first lap in a large pack each of whom may have intended to run many more laps.
1. John Blouin, Greater Boston Track Club, 13:53
2. Margaret Bradley, Greater Boston Track Club, 17:15
3. Gus Foley, Winthrop, 17:15
4. Shane Sherwood, Winthrop, 17:15
5. Bryan Doldt, Greater Boston Track Club, 17:15
6. Joel Bargmann, Greater Boston Track Club, 17:15
7. Michelle Lang, Greater Boston Track Club, 17:59
8. Dan Daunais, Winthrop, 18:19
9. Roy Kratman, Winthrop, 19:02
10. Bob Petrosino, Needham, 20:14
11. Tom Derderian, Greater Boston Track Club, 20:15
12. Nasser Sharara, Greater Boston Track Club, 20:16
13. Cynthia Hastings, Greater Boston Track Club, 22:33
Three laps, 7.95 miles, Michelle Lang, Greater Boston Track Club, 56:47
Five laps, or 13.25 miles,